If you're already planning what you'll be giving for Christmas presents this year, more power to you! Just think about how quickly the summer went by and you'll realize that Christmas is right around the corner. If you're a person who loves to give one-of-a-kind gifts, from making your own gifts to finding jewelry repair, here are some ideas on how to give unique presents this Christmas:
Start With A Plan - The first thing you should probably do is to make a list of those who will be receiving gifts from you.
- Besides family members and close friends, don't forget people like school teachers, your beautician and your cleaning lady.
- As you continue with your plan, think of where you can shop.
- For example, write down the craft store where you can buy things for your handmade items.
- Also, write down stores like boutiques and antique stores where you can find special gifts.
Proceed With Your Plan - After you have written down your list of gift recipients and places where you want to shop, you're ready to get started.
- If you want to give antique jewelry, like an antique brooch or an old watch, don't worry if the items are not in perfect condition.
- Take the items to a professional who does jewelry repair. That individual will have the experience and the right tools to repair the pretty things you have bought.
- When you shop at the craft stores for things you are going to make yourself, think of also buying a jewelry repair kit.
- Some of the jewelry you have selected might need such minor repairs that you will be able to do the job yourself when you have the right tools.
Finish The Job - Once your handmade gifts are completed and your other gifts have been purchased, your job isn't finished.
- Think of going ahead with the gift wrapping as soon as you can.
- Don't forget to add To and From labels to each wrapped gift so you won't forget who the recipient is.
- Have a special place for wrapping and storing your gifts. It could even just be a card table in a corner of your bedroom.
- If you send gifts out of town, be sure to send them early. Just add the words Don't Open Til Christmas to the package.
After you have finished all of your gifts, think about writing down what you gave each person so that you can give them something totally different next year. Keep the record with your Christmas card list so you won't lose it.
Contact a company like C & L Gold & Diamond Brokers for more information and assistance.